Performance Improvements Iron Ore Loadout
In this project for a major Australian iron ore mine in the Pilbara region, Indurad implemented a reclaimer and loadout solution as a turnkey supplier.
The main objectives were to improve the reclaim rates in order to more consistently deliver the right quality material to the loadout:
- 4.3% improved net reclaim rate
- 75% reduction in bucket wheel overtorque
This results in a more consistent production and quality mix to the loadout. The loadout itself was equipped with several iLoadout and iBelt modules for archiving:
- Train loading accuracy, allowing higher car set points without overloading
- 30% more train speed (from 0.9km/h to 1.2km/h)
- >1 ton less standard deviation (from 3.7t to 2.3t)
indurad was able to deliver the project at warp speed. It took 5 months and 2 days from order to acceptance.