Autonomous Haulage System (AHS) for Trucks
● Elimination of exposure of machine operators to danger
● Elimination of possible collisions with personnel and objects
● Reduction of machine damage by precision control
● Reduction of machine damage by improved driving characteristics
Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE)
● Highest system availability in all weather conditions due to unique radar perception
● Reduction of machine damage (collisions, speeding, etc.)
● Increase efficient use of time per shift (quick shift change, short blasting delays)
● Not dependent on operator attendance
● Less downtime (breaks, etc.)
● Operates optimally within safety limits
● No time-losses (spotting, driving behaviors, real-time information)
● Optimal paths
● No idle time at dispatch
● Optimized ROM through fully integrated iCrusher solution
● Consistent and plannable performance (time-independent)
● Increased MTBF by optimized machine operation
iTruck Cost EfficiencyCost Efficiency
● Fuel: Optimized drive reduces fuel consumption
● Maintenance: Less damage and wear reduces maintenance costs
● Fast ramp-up due to straightforward implementation process and quick commissioning
● Simple site change / modification
● Quick and simple route modification by operator
● Online machine monitoring
Robust Radar Technology
The automation system’s perception is based on indurad’s unique 360° radar technology scanning with up to 50 revolutions per second. indurad’s radar technology is designed for the harsh mining environment and does not compromise on point cloud imaging unlike low-cost automotive radar sensors that rely on inaccurate digital beam forming, patch antennas, and integrated MMIC chipsets. The machine’s surroundings are scanned with high accuracy (sub-millimeter ranging accuracy) while being largely unaffected by environmental influences such as dust, rain, fog, or snow. Radar is the only technology that maintains its high OEE in even the harshest mining environments.
The iTruck system offers true autonomy along optimal paths and is therefore capable of reacting dynamically to changing mine site environments. iTruck actively avoids collisions, even with smaller debris, through both its dynamically updated environmental map and its unique perception system. Safety and productivity are maximized through its robust multi-sensor positioning and sophisticated control of complex vehicle kinematics like those of articulated machines. The accuracy enables maneuverability into narrow crusher entries or roadway sections at high velocities.
The OEM-Agnostic iTruck solution features flexible design and open interfacing and enables simple integration into existing mine environments with mixed fleets.
Designed with smaller fleets in mind, the system operates by allowing the excavator or shovel operator to direct the fleet from a touch panel. Therefore, further supervision is not required and time losses are minimized.
indurad’s deep understanding of process bottlenecks has driven integration of shovels and crushers into the complete AHS solution. By integrating the haulage system with indurad’s iCrusher solution, the AHS can optimize ROM, increasing a mine’s throughput capacity and as a result its output.
- Surface, GNSS-denied, and hybrid applications
- Small and medium sized operations as well as large-scale operations
- All trackless mobile machines (articulated and rigid dump trucks as well as other machine types)