indurad manufactures high frequency hardware "Made in Germany". Apart from our core technology, the 2D/3D iDRR™ radar scanner, our technology portfolio comprises several other radar sensors.
Radar Health & Safety Facts
All indurad radar sensors are transmitting extreme low levels of radiation, which is in the oder of 1-10% of a cell phone or a WLAN access point.
indurad keeps the limit of ETSI and FCC regulations. IEEE Standard for Safety Levels with Respect to Human Exposure to Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Fields, 3kHz to 300 GHz. IEEE C95.1-1991.
The health hazards caused by electromagnetic waves are widely disputed area, that regularly appear in the press in relation to "mobile phone radiation" However, based on the current scientific knowledge it can be assumed there is no health hazard when both following guidelines are observed: DIN VDE 0848 (DN) and the German Employer's Liability Insurance Association (BG). Those guidelines for example limits the power density to: 1 mW/cm2 (DIN) and 6.7 mW/cm2 (in BG). According to the regulations of the European Directive 2004/40/EC and the standard EN 50371 the limit for radiation exposure "Maximum
Permissive Exposure" (MPE) for workers for the frequency range of 10-300 GHz is set at 5mW/cm ²
indurad DualRangeRadar™ (iDRR)
The indurad Dual Range Radar™ (iDRR) is a highly sophisticated and compact radar head for industrial applications. Contrary to industrial level gauge radar sensors, the iDRR™ measures not only linear distances, but a two-dimensional surface profile (learn more). With 77GHz, the iDRR™ operates in a frequency range that is nearly three times higher than level radar systems. The higher frequency allows for the detection of fine-grained materials and very steep discharging angles in stockpiles.
- Wide scan angle of 50° degrees (up to 30 m)
- Additional focus scan in 16° sector (up to 150 m)
- Measurement rate: 15 Hz with up to 2500 points per second
- Options: iDRR+iRPUembedded, ATEX/IECEx Dust Zone 21, 22, ATEX/IECEx/ANZEx Underground Coal
indurad RadarProcessingUnit™ (iRPU)
The Radar Processing Unit™ (iRPU) is the signal processing unit, which controls the sensors and processes the oncoming data (classification, filtering, algorithms) into PLC information and output for the iWEB™ Human Machine Interface. The iRPU™ runs on a highly robust distribution of the Linux operating system with the high performance indurad iFramework™ software package as well as the iWEB™ webserver for parameterization, setup and visualisation (learn more).
- iRPUindoor Version: Intel Pentium/Celeron 1.4 GHz Processor, DIN T-Rail mountable, high processing power, fan-less design, socket connectors
- iRPUoutdoor Version: ARM 1.4 GHz Dual Core Processor, robust IP66 Casing, seperate access to terminal cramp box, cable gland connectivity
- iRPUembedded: same as processor as iRPUoutdoor, however fully integrated in one single casing with iDRR Radar Sensor. Preferred option when a single iDRR Sensor is used (as in iBelt) or integrated camera (as in iProximity)
- iRPUcompact: same as processor as iRPUoutdoor, however suited for compact OEM machine integration like underground coal applications
indurad DopplerVelocityRadar™ (iDVR)
The indurad Doppler Velocity Radar™ (iDVR) measures the velocity of conveyor belts or other moving objects with unsurpassed accuracy. Contrary to most sensors available on the market, the iDVR™ detects even slow-moving objects going no faster than < 0.1m/s. It measures with 100Hz.
- Speed measurement of slow trains or rail cars,
e.g. in train-loading processes
- Slip monitoring in highly inclined belt conveyors as they are increasingly used in the Chilenian copper mining industry (Escondida or Los Prelambres)
- Speed measurement of trucks and vehicles
- Speed measurement of conveyor belts
indurad LinearDynamicRadar™ (iLDR)
The iLDR™ radar sensor offers reliable measurement of a 1D distance between the radar frontend and any surface capable of reflecting microwaves at 77GHz. Access goes easily via the indurad RadarProcessingUnit (iRPU™), which offers a web based management and service interface to visualize current and historic measured data.
- Maximum measurement distance roughly 300 m
- Extremely high update rate of 400 measurements per second
- Sub-Millimeter measurement precision
indurad Power-over-Ethernet Camera™ (iCAM)
The iCAM-P is a high-resolution digital camera infrared supported light, powered by PoE (Power over Ethernet) power supply. In conjunction with an indurad RadarProcessingUnit iRPU™ (Industrial PC) or the indurad Operator Assistance Unit iOAS™ (Color Touch Panel Screen), iCAM™ allows for real-time picture logging and visualisation for many indurad solutions.
- Capturing images with 1600x1200 pixels
- Robust IP66 housing with additional roof protection against falling rocks
- Infrared LEDs for night vision (up to 10 m)
- Automatic event-induced picture logging in combination with the indurad solutions iProximity™, iBelt™, iStacker™ or iStockpile™
- Real-time display with the iTruck™ collision avoidance solution
indurad ActiveTransponderRadar™ (iATR)
The indurad Active Transponder Radar™ (iATR) measures distances in tough environments. It allows linear positioning and speed measurement of tripper cars, cranes and other moving machinery with an accuracy better than 0.05m.
For a standard installation, two iATR™ units are necessary, one central unit and one remote unit. The remote unit only requires electricity but no data connection. With one additional remote unit, the iATR™ can be configured for 2D linear positioning, for instance: x,y position of a Crane, which information is also used for an an active collision avoidance system at the end positions as well as between multiple cranes.
indurad StateMeasurementUnit™ (iSMU)
The indurad StateMeasurementUnit™ (iSMU) is a compact box combining one or several of the following elements, depending on the application at hand:
- L1 GPS for position estimation
- L1 L2 RTK D-GPS for high precision machine automation
- 3-axis inclinometer
- 3-axis accelerometer
- 3-axis magnetic compass
- Related inertial functions
- In combination with iDRR™ Sensors within the indurad iTruck™ soluton for mining vehicles such as dump trucks or LHDs.
- For global postion and alignment measurement of IPCCs
- For position measurement of port cranes
iRemote™ 3G/VPN Remote Commissioning and Remote Support Unit
The iRemote™ unit connects the indurad RadarProcessingUnit iRPU™ to the indurad qualified technical support in Germany. This reduces costs during the commissioning period (travel expenditure, safety training, waiting for machine access) and offers quick reaction times and support at any future time for remote diagnostics, analysis and configuration.
The unit needs an internet connection to connect to our server. This can be either via the corporate LAN or via isolated 3G using a local SIM card. The connection is fully encrypted to ensure that only indurad support assistants can connect to your solution.
Optionally indurad offers clients access themselves via the indurad Global Server to their remote site via 3G - for example for isolated iBelt™ systems on Mobile Screening Rigs.