3D Silo Volumetric & Profile Detection Solution for Delicate Processes
iSilo™ is perfectly suited for monitoring small to average-sized silos. Based on the award-winning indurad iDRR™ sensor technology, iSilo™ provides real-time information on filling height, 2D/3D illustrations of the silos contents and complete production history on a reliable basis. The several inflow and outflow points of this solution have proven to be an especially helpful feature. In opposition to the iDome™ Solution, iSilo™ is based on a single iDRR™ Sensor.
Why is it an improvement?
Common Technologies to measure the contents of silos all come with a huge number of disadvantages and limitations:
1D Level Gauge Radars
- Are restricted to single-point probes
- Consider the surface as flat
- Are difficult to adjust mechanically on the roof
Ultrasonic measurement devices
- Are easily distorted by machine drive noise
- Have problems with dust clouds, changing temperatures or pressure
Breaking Limitations: iSilo™ pushes the limits for level gauge measurement with regard to information, performance, reliability and accuracy:
- Provides critical information as multiple area specific min and max set points
- Provides information of dead material at walls to prevent collapse and rat holes
- Allows to work under pressure and temperature changes as present in high altitude
- Allows to work in strong metallic environments with cell based filters for structural steel beams
- Flat polycarbonate sensor window with anti-stick surface coating leaves no corner for mud buildup
- IECEx / ATEX approval for Zone 21, 22 dust ex as well as M2 in UG Coal Mining
What are the Benefits?
Based on the award winning indurad radar sensor technology, iSilo™ allows for high-precision real-time measurements in silos even in high dust concentration levels, during extreme temperature fluctuations and all other environmental factors commonly encountered in silo environments. It provides:
- Remote commissioning instead of spending nights on the silo roof
- Real-time filling height information
- Automatic selection of input/output gates
- Prevention against silo downtime
- 3D illustrations of silo contents (liquid and solid fillings)
- Highly dynamic scanning cycles of 15 scans/second
- High/low temperature proof for monitoring dangerous materials such as clinker
Where is it used?
Industries/Materials: iSilo™ is installed in customer sites around the world in a wide spectrum of silos with hugely varying contents. iSilo™ is a highly reliable and worry-free volumetric measurement solution for industries that demand exact and permanently up-to-date information about the development of the contents in their storage facilities for quick reaction times:
- Material handling, power plants and steel (coal, ore)
- Mining, stone and soil (rock, sand, gravel)
- Chemical industry (fertilizer, salt)
- Agriculture (soybeans, grains, meal products)
If you want to know more about this solution, please contact us directly.